What type of sales growth do you experience most often with your key customers today?
I wonder if you've ever been asked this question. It's a question that got me intrigued because it was birthed after evaluating the sales results and trends of 20 account managers I was working with in the Netherlands.
Something struck me as I began to notice interesting patterns of growth while looking at their sales profitability, sales cycles, and historical data of their customers.
I discovered seven types of customer growth experiences they had that you may identify within your own B2B customer relationships.
- Incremental growth - Steady sales growth that is sometimes experienced as small percentage increases in growth month on month.
- Explosive growth - Sudden shift in buying that generates massive and profitable sales that is in most cases been part of a longer sales cycle.
- Opportunistic growth - Sales growth that is tied to sudden changes in business environment, legislation, budget, relationships which puts you in a strategic advantage.
- Margin based growth - Sales growth that is driven where you reduce your profit margin to gain longer and predictable commitment for future sales.
- Seasonal growth - Growth that happens on the whim of seasons reflecting your business product or service.
- Negative growth - Growth where a customer makes large front end purchases but does less and less in sales with you over the year.
- Explosive Predictable Growth (EPG) - Growth which is planned, nurtured, agreed and generates massive sales with your customer at different stages of the year.
I want you to really look at these statements because you've probably experienced combinations of these types of growth at some point in your customer relationships.
What sales growth do you experience most often?
If you look closer each of these growth experiences tells you something about the relationship to your customer, your sales process, habits and opportunities.
Those I've coached 1 on 1 tend to experience a combination of incremental and explosive growth by design based on the customer buying habits we discover and shift together.
Here is what I want you to see here. No growth pattern you recognise is fixed. If you can recognise the patterns you see most often in your clients business you can influence the story you experience. If you recognised your growth statement and you know it's not what you want you can change it but you may need some help to get there.
I spent 12 months working to discover why many successful key account managers experience EPG (Explosive Predictable Growth) this is what has become the Key Account Hack system. A framework of thinking that drives intentional and strategic customer conversations that generates massive long term predictable sales with your high value customers.
I'll be releasing a copy of the customer growth report on Monday the 16th of May which will show you how to identify and change the sales growth patterns in your customer accounts. Like over 150 account managers, VP's and consultants sign up to my customer growth email series HERE and you can start the process of learning this new framework of thinking to growth. www.jermaineedwards.com
Founder of the Key Account Hack System - New Key Account thinking that transforms customer relationships and creates predictable sales growth.