It's Friday and as you think about the weekend so am I. This weekend is a bit different as I'm taking a trip with my family along with some former clients. (They still don't know I actually have 4 kids :)
When I asked the question at the beginning of the week regarding the three words that come to mind when you hear Customer. I heard pretty standard answers and then someone said the word 'FUN'.
In our sales meetings we don't often interject the word fun. We have fun together in our business, teams but very rarely is this synonymous with our customers unless its the annual client wine and dine.
You probably have a lot of fun managing, connecting and engaging with your customers. Well most of the time. If you're not having fun then it's time to shift attitude. I'm not saying I'm perfect at this because sometimes you just need to get stuff done.
Here are three things I interject into my customer engagement to ensure we're having fun among all the doing (you may want to try it).
1. Find out what your client does for fun and set up a day every six months to catch up. This might not be for everyone. I just started this with a client with golf. If I'd known he was such a fanatic I would've chosen a sport I was good at as we've gone three times in 6 weeks. He's now one of my closet clients.
2. Celebrate wins and success together. This doesn't mean having a party but genuinely sharing in accomplishments. Find the big wins and choose to make your client a part of them and celebrate in theirs. You have no idea the closeness you can build in choosing to celebrate others.
3. Transform your business by practicing fun with your team mates and colleagues as clients. Celebrate with your colleagues about wins and learning from failure. Think more positively about those challenging clients. Start a new energy of excitement about the possibilities there are. You're whole department will be transformed and you could start a fun revolution.
- How do you create fun moments with your clients?
- How do you do this for yourself so you don't get caught in the doing?
If you resonated with what I've shared this week. Why not take the next step and connect to getting more great insights. Having more profitable client conversations, grow your sales and have fun in the process. Just click on the link www.jermaineedwards/signmeup look forward to helping you succeed this year.