When it comes to social media it can be controversial and confusing with the level of noise and conflicting advice.
Despite this it's now irrefutable that with the right approach social engagement works for sales success. With the level of research and success stories today it's clear that those sales professionals who can engage in a planned and intentional way through the appropriate social media channels will overachieve in their sales
Aberdeen study as far back as 2012 survey revealed that 64% of teams using social selling attained their quota, as compared to 49% of teams that hadn’t incorporated social media into their sales processes. Sales organizations using social selling also boasted a better customer renewal rate and sales forecast accuracy.
I noticed that although applicable to many sales professions there wasn't anything specific focused on social for key account management. Surely there must be something out there that offers a strategically placed guide that supports the importance of large account engagement? Nope! not a thing.
As I serve Key Account managers and account managers I wanted to discover some practical and thoughtful experts and ideas that could help you the key account manager or account manager improve your social media engagement with your customers from today.
Experts to look at today
- Jeff Bullas - 4 things you need to stop to be productive on social media
- Tom Zbaren - Beyond the hedge - LinkedIn and Twitter specialist for B2B
- Hubspot - Kickstarter guide to social
Ideas that aren't spoken about much in social
- Know your own voice. If you choose to post, comment or share. Sound like a human being and not some marketing vending machine.
- Don't get pressured into posting what's popular if it's not relevant to your customer.
- Get to know how your customers use social. Ask them what they pay attention to what they share, comment on and like. Be attentive to their answers and interests.
Note: I'll personally be researching and partnering with experts to create a free resource for Key Account Managers to support your strategic engagements with your customers via social. To keep up with this news get connected at www.jermaineedwards.com/signmeup
Check out my new book the 'Key Account Hack' - the only tactically based guide book for key account management and account management existing customer sales growth in 2016. Forget more technique and sales models. I'm not sharing this but a framework of thinking through 8 steps. It's all about engagement with your customers that helps you to sell less and get more for you, your clients and your business. For more information go to www.jermaineedwards.com/book