For most of my life I'd wanted a mentor but didn't know how to find one. It wasn't until four years ago today sitting in a coffee shop 10min from my office with a friend that it dawned on me.
I asked Ben if he'd ever had a mentor. His answer was hundreds for different areas of my life!. hundreds I said "how could that be? there is no way you could afford that or the time" (you can see how naive I was then).
He then took out his smart phone and opened YouTube to a list of talks, trainings audio books that he'd been consuming. That's where it began for me. A reigniting of energy for reading and learning from mentors I may never meet but could see and hear from everyday. It changed everything from my decision to take a risk in running a side business in pharma (thats for another blog), working in partnerships and travelling to China, starting a mastermind group and starting the business I have today.
The power of having mentors in your life are unquantifiable but the results are also undeniable. Now today I have mentors I meet in person. I wanted to share ten quotes from probaly the most influential of those mentors I never met Jim Rohn.
- “A note to attitude. Attitude drive actions, actions drive results, results drive lifestyles, lifestyles drive your decisions, decisions determine your success. “
- If you don’t like your lifestyle look at your results, if you don’t like you results look at your actions, if you don’t like your actions look at your attitude. If you don’t like your attitude look at your philosophy.
- How you do anything is how you do everything
- Discipline weighs ounces but regret weighs tons
- Never sacrifice a good life for a great life
- Success leaves clues and so does failure
- If you want to be an expert in an area read 5 books specific to that area
- You are who you say you are
- Nothing has meaning until you give it meaning
- Are you WIT (whatever it takes) person
- Get excited, pay attention and never quit
- What makes you think you’re so special that you can’t be successful
- Average person dies at 35 but doesn’t get buried to their 85
Other mentors I never met that you might want to check in
- Chinua Achebe - Self belief
- Brian Tracy - practicalities of learning
- Martin Luthur King - perseverance and purpose
- Dave Ramsey - money and family
- Craig Groeschel - faith and courage
- Seth Godin - being authentic
Who are your mentors you've never met?
If you’d like to connect with me Join over 100 account management and key account management professionals and look me at www.jermaineedwards.com or SIGN UP to the Key Account Hack client insight list with others like you wanting to take their client sales to a new level. Click Here