I was told many years ago that Success leaves clues. They were right.
How many of us still walk around struggling when today we have the opportunity and access to information to help us in almost every area of life.
In sales and as leaders if there is one quality we lead with above all else its to lead with a learning attitude. When your team sees you learn, improve and grow they'll know the standard for success is not just about hardwork but hardstudy of their craft.
I was taught that by a guy named Raz who mentored me while transitioning from different roles in my career. It's that belief of hardstudy that got me fascinated with the journey of people who rise to challenge and create success. Not just success financially but in many areas of their life.
I ended 2015 have read close to 200 books on successful entrepreneurs, life and business with people like Warren Buffet, Jeff Olsen, Marcus Lemonis, Jack Ma, Arianna Huffington, Billy Graham and many more.
When you expose your mind and energy to that insight you can't help but pay attention to the qualities, characteristics, beliefs and actions they share to success.
Below is my list of 11 observed traits that jumped out at me from the books I read I believe every sales leader should choose to work on. Let me know what which of these resonates most with you.
Highly successful people:
- Are able to see opportunities and Solve problems
- Are able to identify what others are best at and empower them to succeed
- Know what they're best at and delegate what they're not
- Set big goals for legacy
- Master their time through focus and priority
- Find great advisers for all parts of life
- Expect failure and prepare for growth
- Clearly communicate their message
- Lead faithfully and serve others
- Work harder in the off season
- Life time learners
Here are the latest books I'm reading
- 6000 dollar egg – Todd Duncan
- Slight edge by Jeff Olsen
- Mastery – Robert Green
- The Advantage – Partrick Lencioni
If you’d like to connect with me Join over 100 account management and key account management professionals and look me at www.jermaineedwards.com or SIGN UP to the Key Account Hack client insight list with others like you wanting to take their client sales to a new level. Click Here