This is my pre-Christmas content and last for this week as I look to rest, relax and spend time with my family at Christmas.
As I look forward to curling up in my dad pajamas :) and get present with my faith and family. Perhaps the one thing I am working on at Christmas is adopting a mind of gratitude.
The amazing result of practicing gratitude is it can immediately elevate your mental, emotional, spiritual and physical wellbeing. As you become grateful your state of joy rises, you feel more positive, you can connect deeper to those values at your core more easily and people will experience your presence in a more naturally powerful and positive way.
I started to wonder, what else could I use gratitude to do?
What about using it as a way to more positively view all the challenges, The Wins, The relationships and The failures that have taught me some of my greatest lessons in 2015.
By taking that step I immediately identified those lessons wrote them down and discovered 10 big ideas and lessons learnt that I'd like to share.
These 10 ideas have and will continue to transform myself, my relationships and my upcoming businesses in 2016. Here they are:
- Take the hard right over the easy wrong
- If you want to be great everything matters
- It’s the disciplines no one sees that brings the results everyone wants
- It’s not who’s right it’s whats right
- Serve first and solution comes second
- If you live by someone elses affirmation you’ll die by the absence of it
- Set a goal so big it will force you to become someone worth becoming
- Reputation deepens trust and gets you access to things and people that a poor one cant
- People are always looking to be inspired, encouraged and appreciated
- Profit is the applause you get for taking care of your customers and creating a motivating environment for your people
I hope you can take 1 or 2 of these big ideas and principles to live by as your own. As you take a well-deserved break or find some time for reflection. Practice gratitude and internalise those lessons learnt that will cause you to be the person you could be tomorrow.
A very happy Christmas to you all